If festival season made you think, “I could do this!” then this talk will help you to turn that thought into a reality. Katie Maddison, one of the UK’s most respected producers, who has worked on festivals including Glastonbury and Bestival, will discuss how to fine-tune your idea, figure out what needs adding to your (long) to-do list, and how to curate a fantastic line-up.
Whether you’re looking to make a career in the festival/live outdoor event industry, have an idea for a festival but have never delivered one in its entirety, or are and events manager who wants to learn more about what this career entails, this talk will shed light on the industry and what is needed to succeed in it.
- How to work with promoters
- What needs to happen behind the scenes to make a festival successful
- How to go from first idea to fully realised concept
- Which steps you’ll need to take in order to launch your first festival
- Complimentary drinks
- Dedicated q&a time
- Ask more specific questions during one-to-one chats at the end of the event
- Network with other likeminded attendees
Katie Maddison has been working in the live music event and arts festival industry for over a decade and is one of the UK’s most respected producers. She has produced and work for the UK’s best festivals including We Are FSTVL, Bestival and Camp Bestival, Shambala, Glastonbury and the Secret Garden Party. She has worked alongside artists such as Block9 and Arcadia Spectacular and delivered shows in the Middle East for the Formula1 closing parties with acts such as Beyonce, Aerosmith and Paul McCartney.