Doing your job well (possibly while running your own business, too) can be all-consuming – adding on the responsibility of managing an ever-growing team at the same time can seem impossible. Rather than having to choose between being a good manager and being good at your job, this talk will underline which tools will help you do both things well, without detracting from one another.
Beth Vincent, who manages over 100 people as a global editor for the Net-a-Porter group, half of which remotely, will discuss how to go from managing your own workload to managing that of an entire team and how to develop the skills of others whilst remaining on top of your own game.
Topics covered will include:
- How to delegate without feeling like you're losing control
- Global connections – how to create and nurture relationships remotely
- Why hierarchy works – what it looks like and how to create it
- Defining roles and retaining talent
- Behaviours – why both brand values and your values matter, and how to use both positively
- Complimentary drinks
- Dedicated q&a time
- Ask more specific questions during one-to-one chats at the end of the event
- Network with other likeminded attendees
Currently a global manager for the Net-A-Porter Group, Beth Vincent has over 12 years experience of developing high functioning teams in digital environments. In her spare time she renovates properties and raises toddlers, two pursuits that also demand finely tuned people management skills.