Whether you have a fantastic idea for a book that keeps nagging at you, have written a few great chapters already, or even have a first draft of your book ready to go – if you want to be a published author, the most daunting aspect often seems to be the publishing process.
Learn why you need an agent, how to find the right one, and how to create the perfect submissions package with leading literary agent Juliet Mushens, who represents a host of Sunday Times and New York Times bestselling authors, including Jessie Burton (The Miniaturist), and has been shortlisted for Literary Agent of the Year for the past three years.
- Why do you need an agent?
- Finding the right agent for you
- How to edit your manuscript
- Perfecting your pitch
- Free non-/alcoholic drinks upon arrival & throughout the networking part of the evening
- Dedicated q&a time
- Ask more specific questions during one-to-one chats at the end of the event, and network with other likeminded attendees
Juliet Mushens is a literary agent whose authors range from international bestsellers such as Jessie Burton (The Miniaturist and The Muse) to James Oswald, as well as social media favourites such as Very British Problems (@SoVeryBritish). Juliet is the co-founder of Caskie Mushens. She was highly commended in the Literary Agent of the Year category by the Bookseller in 2015 and 2016, having been shortlisted in 2014. Her book on how to write a YA novel was published by Hodder in 2015.